Flooring - Guide4Home Flooring Resource
Installation, materials, design & maintenance
Armstrong Metro Classics Walnut
Flooring has the power to completely alter the disposition, feel and personality of a room. So if you are thinking it may be time for a makeover or if you simply what to introduce a breath of fresh air then do not stress about changing the fittings, furnishings and walls. All you may in fact need to do is simply have a brand new home floor installed.
Some go for the warm, inviting, refined look - nothing quite gives this off like the texture and color of pure solid timber.
There are other consumers who are compelled to follow a cleaner cut, chic, and more youthful look. This can be communicated by marble and granite and other types of stone flooring.
New ideas are also popular such as the very wild look of an acid stained concrete floor.
These points serve to show that whatever your lifestyle, personality or desire - there is a floor designed to match it and possibly exceed all these expectations.Flooring choices can have the consumer ending up running around in circles and working themselves into a state just because of the amount available - not to mention all the fitting techniques, finishes, materials, and shades that have to be factored into the choice. On top of this there are variations that exist from one manufacturer to another.
When deciding try to remember at all times to focus on what the room will be used for and the amount of traffic that it will need to stand up to and accommodate. Only then can you start making choices on styles and designs.
Few people know that the floor you choose can affect the air within your home, office or gym. How you may ask? Well certain finishes, polishes and glues used on the materials can release toxic fumes into the air - the process ahs been termed "off-gassing." People who will suffer most are those who are ailed by allergies and who are prone to respiratory problems such as asthma. Flu / cold symptoms are the first give-away that this is occurring.
Home flooring - when making your choice you might want to ask a few questions and ponder them for a wile before making any rash decisions and often expensive decisions.
- How much traffic to you expect to flow on through the room or area?
- What is you sub-floor made of? Will it effectively accommodate the new surface you are planning on fitting?
- Are there any members in the household who have respiratory problems or allergies?
- Is there any reason you might need to consider sound proofing and installation?
- Have you tested the moisture content of the area? - This known will it still be feasible to install the desired surface?
- Are you going to care for you floor correctly? - giving it as much time and care that it required?
- Are you sure that you are getting a good deal? Have you shopped around? Have you factored in the cost of installation and found out if a warranty is included?
- Would your household benefit from slip guarded coatings (elderly and young children should be considered.)
This web site is a collection of home flooring advice and facts which broadly cover all the popular installation methods and materials - as well as providing tips and insight regarding design and maintenance.